Exercise 1. Use the present simple or the present continuous forms to complete the sentences.
1. Stella _______ (love) music and _______ (listen) to it all the time.
2. John _______ (work) today.
3. _______ they _______ (speak) any foreign languages?
4. You _______ (have) a bath now.
5. Mary _______ (get up) at eight every day.
6. _______ he _______ (go) to shool this morning?
7. The moon _______ (go) round the earth.
8. Jane ______ (work) as a web desingner.
9. Mick _______ (read) a lot of books, but she _______ (not/watch) TV.
10. _______ you _______ (use) your computer now?
Exercise 2. Use the present perfect simple or the present perfect continuous forms to complete the sentences.
1. My brother _______ (study) hard for his exams recently.
2. She _______ (already/go) home by taxi.
3. What _______ (your daughter/do) all aftermoon?
4. They _______ (live) in New York for twenty years.
5. Jim is still in his bed. He _______ (not/get up) yet.
6. We _______ (try) to get permission to extend our house since last summer.
7. The students _______ (just/take) their final exams.
8. She _______ (work) really long hours today.
9. My sister _______ (read) a lot of books this month, but she _______ (not/watch) TV recently.
10. How long _______ (you/want) for me?
Exercise 3. Read the text about George and answer true (T) or false (F).
1. George has been trying to quit smoking for almost three years. _____
2.George doesn't want anybody to help him. _____
3. Now he's cut down on cigarettes. _____
4. George's father struggled with his addictional for seven years. _____
5. George thinks about the harm he has been doing to the people around for all these years of
George has been trying to quit smoking for three years, but has filed many times. He doesn't know what to
do and wants somebody to help him. He has been smoking since he was eighteen. Now he hopes he's
getting better because he hass cut down on cigarettes. Today he knows smoking is bad for everyone. It killed
his father, who has a heavy smoker, struggled with cancer for seven years and finally died. George often
thinks about the harm he has been doing to the people around for all these years of smoking.
Exercise 4. Translate the following sentences into English.
1. Mark pracuje nad tym projektem od czerwca.
2. Czy pada deszcz od kiedy wróciłaś do domu?
3. On jest nałogowym palaczem przez wiele lat.
4. Mieszkam w domu pana Walkera od kiedy po raz pierwszy przyjechałem do Londynu.
5. Przyniosłem małą butelkę wina.